Call Now For The Answers You Need:


The process of filing a claim for an Greensboro Personal Injury Case  can be a daunting task. It may be in your best interest to seek an Greensboro, North Carolina Personal Injury attorney for a consultation, during which you can review your case. Your attorney can give you advice on what action to take and how to do so.

Starting a Lawsuit for North Carolina Personal Injury Case

The basics of the initial court papers are as follows:


  • Pleadings - the forms and documents that are filed in court at the beginning of the lawsuit;
  • Complaint/petition - the first document filed, which is an outline of your case and formally identifies all parties involved and what the plaintiff is requesting from the defendant (such as requesting for payment of damages);
  • Summons and service of progress - an order from the court where the lawsuit is litigated (the defendant is notified formally on the lawsuit and a docket number is assigned by the court to the case);
  • Answer - the defendant's response to the lawsuit; and
  • Counterclaim - the defendant's own claim in response to the plaintiff's statement. 

Once these initial documents have been submitted you can proceed to the next steps of the claims process.

Contacting a Greensboro, North Carolina Injury Attorney

The Ames, Iowa personal injury attorney team at Garrett, Walker, Aycoth, & Olson work hard to level the field between injured Iowans and insurance companies.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


Garrett, Walker, Aycoth, and Olson - Greensboro, NC
436 Spring Garden St.
Greensboro, NC 27401-2734
Phone: 336-944-6827
Map & Directions

Visit Our practice areas Website
FindLaw Network